Our facility is open at this time and complying with the Health Officer Order to Shelter in Place issued in Santa Clara County. We have created and implemented the following social distancing protocol at our facility:
- Face coverings are required by all patients and staff.
- All patients must wash their hands upon arriving and before leaving.
- Patients will be screened before given an appointment.
- Patients that are sick (fever/cough) will be denied an appointment until cleared by a doctor as non-contagious and symptoms are gone.
- Patients who have travelled or been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the past 30 days, will be denied an appointment for 14 days from last exposure.
- Staff who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms will not be working until clearedby a doctor as non-contagious and symptoms are gone.
- Only a limited number of patients will be allowed in the clinic at one time in order to maintain at least 6 feet social distancing from individuals. Please keep in mind that this may lead to limited appointment availability.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance, as well as two handwashing stations throughout the clinic.
- Apple pay may be used for contactless payment, and payment portals will be cleaned after every interaction.
- All equipment and tables will be disinfected after each use.
- All tables and equipment are at least 6 feet apart.
We will continue to comply with all Santa Clara County orders and help in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to Dr. Luis Matos, an expert in host/pathogen interactions, physical therapists play an important role in helping people improve and keep them out of doctor offices/ER's. This will limit the exposure of these patients as well as keep medical teams free to treat those impacted by COVID-19.Click Here For COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Patients
J. Scott Plank, PT, MS, DPT, ATC, CSCS
"As a physical therapist, certified athletic trainer and athlete, I understand how physical pain or dysfunction can affect you - and I'm here to help. If you're in pain, schedule a visit. I'm sure you'll appreciate our focused, attentive treatment and of course, the results and health benefits we're proud to help you achieve."
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- CPR Certified, Credentialed Clinical Instructor Awarded by the American Physical Therapy Association
- MS: Exercise Physiology
- BS: Physical Therapy
- BS: Biology, Animal Science
- DPT: Doctor of Physical Therapy
License: Physical Therapist
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals 2019 Pediatric Sports Medicine Conference
- Stanford University School of Medicine 2019 Pediatric Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Conference: "The Young Athlete Update"
- 12th Annual UCSF Sports Medicine Sports Injury and Rehabilitation Conference
- Training and Certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation
- 10th Annual Rehab Summit
- CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid
- Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation
- EDUCATA Practical Ethics for Physical Therapists, Moral Courage in Healthcare
- The BEST Exercise Program for Osteoporosis Prevention
- Conditioning to the Core
- University of San Francisco: 11th Annual UCSF Sports Medicine, Sports Injury, and Rehabilitation Conference
- Evidence-based Management of Upper Extremity Injuries
- Evidence-based Approach to Ankle Sprains
- Postoperative Management of Orthopaedic Surgeries
- Strength Training for Fat Loss
- Exercise for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Essentials of Eccentric Training
- University of San Francisco: 10th Annual UCSF Sports Medicine, Sports Injury, and Rehabilitation Conference
- Exercise for the athletic body in balance
- Fitness Professional's Guide to Strength Training Older Adults
- Stuart McGill's Low Back Disorders
- Evidence-Based Assessment and Prevention of ACL Injuries
- Evidence-Based Approach to Surgery and Rehabilitation of ACL Injuries
- Ethics and California Practice Act
- Completed 7 contact hours of continuing education for the National Strength and Conditioning Association at NSCA Northern CA State Clinic
- Tecnica Gavilan - Advanced Workshop in hand tools and taping for soft tissue treatment of musculoskeletal injuries
- Exercise for the prevention and recovery for back disorders
- University of San Francisco: 9th annual sports injury and rehabilitation conference
- Joint Replacement and Post operative Rehabilitation
- Sports therapy section of APTA complete review of the Sports Injury and Rehabilitation (70 hour course)
- Advances in Joint Arthoplasty
- University of California San Francisco; 8th Annual Sports injury and Rehabilitation Conference
- Certification in CPR & AED: professional rescue and health care providers
- Evidence Based Applied Sports psychology in rehabilitation medicine
- Evaluation treatment of AC joint and capsulitis a paradine shift
- Evaluation of non surgical and surgical slap disorders
- Evaluation treatment of adolescent overhead athletic injuries
- University of California San Francisco: 7th Annual Sports Injury Rehabilitation Conference
- Practical approach to California Physical Therapy Law Review and case study
- Process of the progress in baseball medicine
- Completed 84 semester hours for the doctor of Physical Therapy from Rocky Mountain University
- Certification in CPR and AED for professional rescuers and health care providers
- University of California San Francisco 6th Annual Sports Injury Rehabilitation Conference